Subscribe

Thursday, March 8, 2018

More from #NayoSoul


1.  Ayanfe mi. 
This appellation is so right for my Baby:  A-YAN-FE mi, my beloved; the one I've CHOSEn/I choose (yan) for LOVE (ife).
In other names (so far), there's OloruniFELA ~ Olorun (God), ni o (it's He - reflexive, God - who does/did), fe (expand), ola (wealth, broadly defined). 


2. Destiny Train (so pick me up, let me ride in first-class)
This song was love at first listen for me, maybe eight years ago.  (I don't think this is the exact recording that I had.)  I love when people tell the truth, and you could feel the truth of this singing.  Amazing girl. 
I met her of course, more than once.   There was that season in which I met 'everybody' in the arts in Lagos, it seems.  She'd mentioned that it was tough working to pay the music bills lol, but she did record again and share this nice music video - Wherever You Go
Her Ayanfe Mi was on that FADER mix by IKON and ShowDemCamp and TheCollectiv3, which was a nice surprise. 

NEWSBUKA for all the burning topics in Nigerian politics and society. GeT FREE EmAiL UpDaTeS"

No comments:

Post a Comment

History

Maître D'

Followers