Subscribe

Monday, November 28, 2022

As promised...


Lions and tigers and bears...oh my!  


Scarecrow: Did you hear that? He'll announce us at once. I've as good as got my brain. Tin Man: I can fairly hear my heart beating. Dorothy Gale: I'll be home in time for supper. Cowardly Lion: In another hour. I'll be king of the forest. Long live the king! (Singing) If I were king of the forest. Not queen. Not duke. Not prince. My regal robes of the forest. Would be satin. Not cotton. Not chintz. I'd command each thing. Be it fish or fowl. With a woof! And a woof! And a royal growl. As I'd click my heel. All the trees would kneel. And the mountains bow. And the bull kowtow. And the sparrow would take wing. If I... If I were king. Each rabbit would show respect to me. The chipmunks genuflect to me. Though my tail would lash. I would show compash. For every underling. If I... If I were king. Just king. (Dorothy, Scarecrow, and Tin Man roll down the rug then they wrap him in rug like a royal cape. Tin Man breaks the flower pot with his axe making it look like a crown and placed it on Lion's head) Monarch of all I survey. (Chuckling) Monarch. Of all I survey. (Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man bow to him.) 
--
Dorothy Gale: Your majesty, If you were king, you wouldn't be afraid of anything? Cowardly Lion: Not nobody, not nohow! Tin Man: Not even a rhinoceros? Cowardly Lion: Imposserous! Dorothy Gale: How about a hippopotamus? Cowardly Lion: Why, I'd trash him from top to bottom-us. Dorothy Gale: Supposing you met an elephant? Cowardly Lion: I'd knot him in in cellophant! Scarecrow: What if it were a brontosaurus? Cowardly Lion: I'd show him who's king of the forest! Dorothy Gale, Scarecrow, and Tin Man: (Together) How? Cowardly Lion: How? (Removes the rug) Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the spinkx the Seventh Wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes Hottentot so hot? What puts the ape in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got? Dorothy Gale, Scarecrow and Tin Man: (Together) Courage! Cowardly Lion: (Smiling) You can say that again.(Confused) Huh?
Source: Full script (The Wizard of Oz, 1939) HERE

The Lion sleeps tonight, in Disney's The Lion King

Next
Iron Lion Zion (Bob Marley) 


(3.09 - 5.23) Go in Peace, Warrior 
in Sikulu, the musical theater production 



NEWSBUKA for all the burning topics in Nigerian society and beyond. GeT FREE EmAiL UpDaTeS."   Advertisement: booksss about boyz and girlz.

1 comment:

  1. "...the heart of a lion,
    the strength of an ox,
    ...swims like a fish,
    and hunts like a fox -
    The Warrior! The Warrior!

    Go in peace, stay in peace, the stars will light your way..."

    ReplyDelete

History

Maître D'

Followers