Subscribe

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Halloween is near. Maybe this is the year I finally watch Karishika.

We criticize Nigerian films for not being perfect but actually, hmm, from what I hear, there is A LOT of perfect stuff to export, starting from Nneka The Pretty Serpent and Karishika, starting from all those our Yoruba films with the Fadeyi Oloro and the hell-sent creatures, to today's jazz-and-crime pictures on Africa Magic.
Who remembers when NTA used to show one Abiku film, EVERY SINGLE YEAR
???
So, for sure there are blood-curdling Nollywood movies.  It's just that I haven't started watching them yet.  But they are out there.  O, I don't want to watch nonsense oooo.  God help me.





ENJOY the retrospective music by Falz and friends (Phyno, M.I., SDC)

Wikipedia: Karishika is a 1996 Nigerian horror film where by a girl "Karishika" who has been sent by Lucifer to the world to come and kill, destroy and tempt people in order to increase the population in hell.

If you have the liver, watch the movie HERE

NEWSBUKA for all the burning topics in Nigerian politics and society. GeT FREE EmAiL UpDaTeS."   Advertisement: booksss about boyz and girlz.

2 comments:

  1. Comment 1 - I watched it.

    Comment 2 - So nice to read HERE about other people getting scared from movies and media. I really suffered such mad fear this year, this summer and I'm recovering nicely. Reading the piece reminded me that I'd been there before, as a child, especially when we encountered this film about Zombie flesheaters. It ruined us maybe for months or longer and we could not go alone into the corridor or bedroom parts of the house and would beg each other to come-with if we had been sent there maybe to pick up something in the evenings. I also remember hearing the words blue-film in primary school and subsequently being distracted by the idea of blue lights and of shadows and blue...eeekkk. A few years later I was afraid because I knew too much about The Holy Spirit and unholy spirits so that I would 'see' them everywhere, and I eventually stopped my growth in Christianity (Pentecostal) in part because I reasoned this much spirit-involvement was not ok.

    ReplyDelete

History

Maître D'

Followers